Friday, March 7, 2008

what do you need to be happy?

"we wake up every day with a list of wishes a mile long and we probably spend our lives trying to make those wishes come true. but... just because we want them doesn't mean we need them to be happy."

"what do you need to be happy?"

"you."

- a conversation between the pie maker and the girl named chuck in pushing daisies.

***

wanting something is different from needing something. like what i mentioned in my previous post, B may be what i want but he's not exactly what i need. i want a new bag but i don't need it. i want to buy a new phone but my old one is still functioning.

i don't need a man. but i sure do want one. hehehe

***

my friend orb was telling me to text B to ask something. i told her i didn't want to text B. i seldom text B to ask a question. she asked me why.

kasi kapag tinext ko siya, tapos wala siyang load, hindi niya ako mare-rereply-an. hindi niya masasagot ang tanong ko. iisipin ko na dinedma niya ang text ko. ayoko ng rejection. kaya huwag na lang. weird ba ako?

eh may malaking issues ako sa rejection eh.

***

with my crazy schedule, and my heavy workload, masaya na ako kapag may isang araw in one week na puwede akong lumabas at mag-enjoy with my friends. kaya i carefully plan what to do with that free day para masulit. this week, my friday was free and tatlong lakad ang dapat ko pupuntahan but i chose the one kung san ang tagal ko na di nakikita ang mga makakasama ko. ang bad trip lang is when people who said they'd show up failed to do so. oh well, lessons learned.

***

everyone is depressed lately. aside from myself, i know of four people who are really down in the dumps... four close friends... hai. anong meron?

ano ba kailangan para maging masaya?

Song of the moment: I'm a new soul / I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take. / But since I came here / felt the joy and the fear / finding myself making every possible mistake - New Soul by Yael Naim (salamat, mich, for the mp3)

Question for the day: What do you need to be happy?

What I learned recently: A high school teacher died this week. she was 57. when we were in high school, she was considered to be an "old maid" before she got married in 1989 (or was it 1990?). i did my math... she married at 28! old maid na ang 28 that time???

No comments: